Raw Chocolate Recipe – Your very own creation
A little something for all you chocoholics out there, now I am not talking about just any old chocolate what I am referring to is pure real raw chocolate , a recipe to make your very own homemade chocolate. A chocolate that is actually guilt free and packed full of antioxidants now that can’t be bad – can it!
(OK, I have to admit I am a chocoholic – and what is really Fab about this raw chocolate recipe is that I can actually eat this chocolate as it has NO Dairy, NO soy & best of all it is organic
Now you can indulge till your heart is content and what is better still, you can decide what natural flavours to add like organic vanilla bean; the type of sweetener to use & obviously you are in control of the amount of sweetener to suit your own taste buds.
Ok so here is what you will need:
This raw chocolate recipe makes approximately 50 small chocolates
- A large saucepan for boiling water with a heat proof bowl on top of it
- A mixing spatula or spoon
- A chocolate mould that you can use to set your chocolate in – you can either opt for a standard more traditional chocolate bar shape or select something different or a bit more fancy. By the way trays for ice cubes work just as well if you do not have any chocolate moulds.
- 250g of Organic Cacao Powder (You can use Organic Raw Cacao Nibs and grind them down into a powder with a blender such as a vitamix).
- 250g of Organic Raw Cacao Butter
- 250g of Organic Raw Coconut Nectar
- Pinch of Himalayan Salt Fine
- 1 Organic Vanilla Bean
Here is what you need to do to make your very own pure raw chocolate creation:
1. Place some filtered water into your pot and then put it on the stove, over a low-medium heat.
2. Immediately place your heat proof bowl on top of your pot
3. Put your organic raw cacao butter into the heat proof bowl and wait for it to melt (until the solid cacao butter turns to liquid)
4. Take your vanilla bean, slice it down the centre, scrape out all the vanilla and add the vanilla bean by stirring it into your melted cacao butter. (I luv vanilla beans and think they really compliment raw chocolate – naturally you can put in as much or as little vanilla bean as you like – or you can skip this step of the recipe and not add any vanilla bean if you prefer.
5. Now it’s time to add the Himalayan salt (fine) and stir it into the melted cacao butter. Once again you can add as much or as little Himalayan salt as you like it depends on your taste preference you can also opt not to add any if you prefer – I just feel that it adds more flavour and depth to the raw chocolate and makes it even more addictive. You really do not need much and you benefit from all the goodness (the essential minerals) of Himalayan salt.
6. Now add the organic raw cacao powder – add it gradually and stir it very well until it is smooth.
7. Last but certainly by no means least – add the organic raw coconut nectar for the sweetness and mix it until it has blended through completely.
8 If you are looking to create your very own signature creation – by adding other ingredients, it is at this point that you can add them.
9. Now it’s time to pour your raw chocolate mix into your chocolate moulds and allow them to set. You do not need to put them in the fridge, although they will set faster in the fridge approximately 30 minutes. Allow them to set properly before removing them from your chocolate moulds and sitting down to indulge.
They can be stored in a jar, or can be refrigerated or placed in the freezer – though they probably won’t last long enough.
Other Raw Chocolate Flavour Combinations
Add your choice of dried fruit such as organic cherries or organic cranberries
Or how about some raw nuts like hazelnut
Another option is fruit and nut raw chocolates where you can add organic sultanas/organic raisins and organic raw nuts of your choice.
Perhaps you are feeling like something a bit spicy try some organic cinnamon & organic chilli powder
Add some fresh mint if you feel like something minty or try some other herb combination
For added health benefits how about adding some super foods such as Macqui berry, Acai Berry, Inca berries or goji berries.
Happy creating and let your imagination run wild.